Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 7 - Back to Sutherlin

And here we are - the end of 2011 Cycle Oregon. It's hard to believe that this is the last day. Today we a relatively easy cruise with a few short and crazy steep grinds - thrown in as a reminder of what has come before. Cruising into the finish is always hard. On one had it is a relief that its all over. On the other the sadness really starts to set in that until 2012, this is it.

 Bidding farewell to the final camp in Riddle.

A quick AM stop at the local grocery is always a must do.

rolling past piles of logs - the sustenance of these small towns.

Every time you say to yourself "I have seen it all!" on Cycle Oregon, you will be proven wrong.

Complete calm.


Bike art along the road into Sutherlin.

Crossing the finish. What a great year and already looking forward to what 2012 brings!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I was the red recumbent with the rainbow windsock. I think you were two of the people I saw most often, and I can say I wanted one of your trademark pushes now and then.

    I'm glad you were documenting this so much better than I did. Great ride. Great people. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete