Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Well, the official countdown is on for the Cycle Oregon rides. I have added a few swell timers in the sidebar there you your right. I know that it looks like a lot of days there, but man they will fly by and the next thing that happens it is time to pack!!!

That means training starts yesterday.

I am setting out this year to have two goals - One, to be in the best shape for these Cycle Oregon's as I have for all of the past 5. Two - to treat these Cycle Oregon's as true vacations and just relax and enjoy every mile.

Getting the hard training done early is the only way to really make the second goal happen. In 2006, I was not fully prepared for what trials would come and it took away some of the "relaxing" part of the experience. Heh...

Get the miles in and especially hill climbing miles and all will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment